Sunday, December 14, 2008

Get It While It's Hot

Had some good news on Friday.  Yay!  The biopsy done in the oncologists office came back negative.  

Funny thing, hope.  It can be frighteningly fragile and immensely strong.  The slightest look, shift of the eyes or even unwanted information can slay it in its tracks.  But with the most minute particle of hope, the path widens, smoothes down and the sun comes out.  We spent the whole weekend enjoying the wonderful biopsy news.  And I didn't want to hear about the liver ultrasound and hoped that the doctor wouldn't call (she didn't.)  I just needed this weekend to shop for the boys and see a movie (Milk--terrific) and just breathe.

Everyone has been so wonderful with all the support we are getting.  I feel so blessed to have you all in my life.  The emails and comments are so uplifting.  The spontaneous prayers and hugs are so warm and generous.  The food is delicious and so welcome.  And thank you Sarah (my lovely neighbor) for my new hats.  What a lucky gal I am!

Tonight we take some family photos in front of the tree and then watch SNL Christmas DVD.  Looking forward to laughing.

3 comments:

Carma said...

Yipee and a big Whew! My heart, prayers, & thoughts go out to you my Dear Joan. Now, all I can say is KEEP THOSE PRAYER CHAINS GREASED AND OILED!!!
Love ya a lot and we'll be talking real soon,
Carma

Lisa Poole said...

That's great news Joan! I'm glad your neighbor gave you some hats, they can be fun and warm. Lord knows you could use some of both! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, I'll be praying for a positive and not too painful experience. Take care.

Love,
Lisa

Jman said...

Great news to hear!